"The First Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Town of Princetown" was started in the year 1828 by missionaries from the First Presbyterian Church of Schenectady in order to be a "missions outpost" to what was then the "New York frontier." Since then, the church has been known alternately as "The South Princetown Reformed Church," "The Dutch Church at Princetown," "Giffords Reformed Church at Giffords, NY," "Princetown Reformed Church," and, currently, "Princetown Evangelical Presbyterian Church."
In March of 1978, the hundred-year-old church building was almost completely destroyed by fire. All that was salvaged was what was known as the Assembly Hall. A plan was enacted to build a new church a few hundred feet west of the original placement. This new building was dedicated in 1981, with an education wing added in 1995. The church congregation voted in 1998 to switch from the Reformed Church of America denomination to the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.